Sarktales

It's all about me.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Unemployment

It's day one of unemployment. I haven't been unemployed...like, ever. In both of my major job changes, I left one company on a Tuesday and began the new one on Wednesday. The only time I've ever been out of work was when I first moved to LA, and even then I found myself in an employment agency the day after I arrived. So basically, since graduating college, I've either always worked or been looking for work.

I"m taking a week off before going to Australia so I can deal with little things like canceling subscriptions, dealing with inexplicable charges from Verizon for DSL equipment that I totally returned (albeit 2 months late, but still, I returned it) and trying to arrange for at least a couple of potential magazine articles while I'm traveling. That last one is really difficult and I don't really know what I'm doing, but the Verizon argument is actually the one thing that I've been putting off forever.

Part of me wishes I had forgotten that I don't have to work, so I could have woken up, gotten dressed, walked out the front door and then turned around and gone back to sleep. Because that's pretty much the scenario that played in my head every day I've ever gone to work. But instead I woke up at 9:30, giggled like a girl who's all a'twitter and rolled back over for a few more snoozy minutes.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger SC said...

    Ah, now this is a good look.

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

    I have had a book on cd out from the local library since March. They ignored it until yesterday. Then I got The Call. I'm scared to call back. Do it for me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home