Sarktales

It's all about me.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Surprise, I'm still in Wellington! Okay, that's more of an FYI. I changed my ticket to leave on Monday instead. Leaving on a Friday night just seemed illogical. Although with me being sick and hubby being overworked, we didn't actually make it anywhere on Friday. But Saturday involved dinner out and today proved to be the first real summer-like day since I've been here, so I'm very glad I stuck around.

I always resist change a little bit, even though another part of me welcomes it. I've never been one to stay in one place and I don't feel ready to put down roots. After leaving my hometown for college, I haven't lived in any city for more than 4 years or so, and I feel just fine with that. But it is always hard to leave, proven by the point that it's even hard to leave a city I've only been in for 5 weeks.

It's fun getting to know a city. The other day I ran into someone I knew while walking along with people I had just met, and later that day an elderly woman asked me for directions and I actually knew the answer. That kind of stuff is always a little thrilling.

So tomorrow I plan on having brunch in my favorite cafe that I only just discovered last week...I've developed a taste for fruit salad and toast, and while I know that makes me sound ridiculously healthy, I'm really not one of those people. And I shall read my new books, and then toddle off to the airport. Thankfully, Air New Zealand has an awesome array of on-demand movies, so I'm actually looking forward to the flight. I shall be taking a hefty amount of decongestant though, as the last time I flew with a cold both of my eardrums perforate. And there's an uplifting note to end on. And a preposition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home