Sarktales

It's all about me.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Winding Down

I know, long time, no real blog. But you have to admit, that disapproving bunny is a hoot. I found it on Cuteoverload.com, my favorite website in the world if I haven't already plugged it.

Anyhoo, the past week or so has been a blur of semi-normal life sans real job. This involves going to the gym, visiting a used bookshop almost daily, and wandering around aimlessly. I also met more gay people, a zany non-gay tour operator, and did a voiceover for a video game. That was cool- I played "Pedestrian Babe 2" and "Driver." It involved shouting out many a swear word. Here's hoping that I make the cut and become a faceless voice on Jackass the video game.


The session wasn't that serious. This is a posed shot after the fact, and I didn't know what to do except clutch onto the music stand.

I managed to drag hubby out for a walk over the weekend, leaving behind his precious laptop for a while. We took the cable car up to the botanic gardens, where he had fun commandeering a cannon (he's at work right now, so I feel I should hold off on posting a picture of his face before getting permission. You know, because Sarktales is such a hot blog these days.)

Oh, and since November 5 was Guy Fawkes day, we got to see fireworks over the harbour, which is located conveniently a block away from our apartment. Being that we're in a country of only 4 million people, it was a pleasantly populated, but not overly crowded event with some spectacular fireworks.

It's kind of hard to capture them on film, but it was pretty what with the full moon off to the side and all.

I'm leaving on Friday, which is bumming me out. Especially since our new next door neighbor just invited us to a party that day. Hmph. I'm not sure why I schedule my flight for a Friday as opposed to, say, over the weekend. November 10 just sounded like a nice, rounded date. Oh well, one must return to normal life at some point, whether it's a Friday or Sunday. Have no fear though- I'm sure Sarktales adventures can continue with Los Angeles: The Search for Employment.

On that note, here are some pretty pictures from the Kapiti Coast, where I spent a night last week. The owner has 10, count 'em 10, acres of gorgeous property.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home