Sarktales

It's all about me.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Home is Where my Hat is. And my shoes.

I'm shameful blogger, I know. If this were my job, I would have been fired long ago.

I've been back home from NZ for almost a week. I haven't blogged much simply because there's not a whole lot going on now that I'm back, although it is very nice to be back where all my stuff is. I've been catching up with friends, finding work and um, watching a lot of TV. I'm in that weird phase where I don't have a lot to do, so I feel awfully guilty for not being productive, but then I feel too lazy to deal with the stuff that I should be productive on. It's not a great place to be, but then again, it's just a transition period so it's not a big deal.

The good news is that I do have a contract job offer, so I have some sort of employment for the next few months. The best part is that it's a project I can do from anywhere, so even if we end up moving for hubby's job, I still have some cash flow. So that's one big stress off my plate, and I can more freely enjoy my days off right now knowing that something is around the corner.

In the meantime, I think my project for the day is to set up a little office area for myself. I have a teensy desk crowded into a corner and surrounded by junk. If I can figure out how to make a cozy little nook for myself, I think I'll be more inclined to work, rather than staring at countless episodes of Wife Swap. Because while Wife Swap is a perfectly entertaining show, it's really at its best when making fun of fundamentalist rednecks, and sometimes I get tired of being meanspirited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home