Sarktales

It's all about me.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ownership pitfalls

The pitfalls of dog and home ownership:

We were sitting in the study when suddenly we both heard Otto squeak, and realized that we had no idea where he was. After 10 minutes of searching the house, the garage, front and back yards, the street, and even tearing open the running dishwasher, we still couldn't find him. It was terrifying. Every now and then I'd hear a squeak. I distractedly opened up cabinets in the kitchen, then Aaron marched in, now in sheer panic, saying "He went outside with you when you did laundry, right?" and me being, "I have no idea," and him going "Well he must have!" and I was about to get defensive when suddenly Otto's little nose came poking out of the cabinet underneath the sink.

He must have gone in while I was looking for the dishwashing detergent, while on the phone with my parents, and then I shut the door and walked away.

Of course, the stupid dog that barks maniacally at the drop of a hat could only squeak to let us know his positioning. And now he wants to play fetch. Sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahh, more Otto stories finally!! How about some pics?
    Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home