Sarktales

It's all about me.

Monday, May 28, 2007

My list

No disrespect to my husband intended, but every couple has their version of a "list." That's a list (sometimes laminated) of the people that you're allowed to stray with, usually consisting of unattainable celebrities so that the likelihood of it happening is statistically low. We've only glossed over our lists, although I'm a little disgruntled that he has Lisa Loeb and Sarah Silverman on his. Not that those aren't awesome choices, but they seem a little too attainable for comfort.

As I'm watching Dirty Jobs while I work (and hubby is napping), I'm inspired to put my list in writing. So here goes...

1. Mike Rowe - host of Dirty Jobs, former opera singer, and looks good both clean and dirty. Yes, I get that he's not all that attractive in a traditional sense. But he's just so...manly.







2. Old-school MacGyver. No need to elaborate here. Although I should point out that he wouldn't be my type in real life--he's a little too outdoorsy for my tastes, and I'm not sure that I could live on a houseboat.

3. Old-school Patrick Swayze, a la Dirty Dancing. I was 12, Baby was 18, and Johnny gave me such hope about the likelihood of dorky teenaged girls snagging incredibly hot men who can dance. Today? Not so much. I don't really like dancing nor am I into muscley guys, but it was an impressionable age so on the list he stays.


4. The one that got away. I know, I know, the list is supposed to be limited to unattainable celebrities. But seriously, this guy was so incredibly cute, so deeply soulful and so, so emotionally unavailable. It's been about 7 years, although I've run into him in NY since then- the first time I hyperventilated, the second time I proudly announced that I was moving to LA with my boyfriend, and the third I almost didn't recognize him except for some deep part of my unconscious stopped him in the middle of a restaurant to say "Do I know you?" I found him on Myspace a while ago, and while he did proposition me (yes, I've still got it!), it's certainly not something that interest me in real life. So while I've definitely moved on (and trust me, there wasn't a whole lot to our relationship to move on from), he was sort of the embodyment of my perfect type back then, so he sticks around in my mind.

5. Hmm, I'm completely out of ideas. And am seriously debating that Patrick Swayze inclusion. I'm sure there are more, just none that are list worthy at the moment. Paul Rudd? Too short. John Cusak? Not aging very well. Barry Manilow? Gay and now resembling an old Jewish woman. I'll have to think about this. Off to watch more Dirty Jobs...Mike Rowe in thigh-high fishing boots...mmmm.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I always wanted to meet the one that got away, or at least see his picture.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home