Sarktales

It's all about me.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Our new sofa finally came! It arrived yesterday, and today we spent all morning cleaning various parts of the apartment, dismantling Aaron's old futon and throwing it away (okay he did that part), dismantling my old futon and remantling it in Aaron's office (okay, he did those things too), installing a shelf above my desk (him again) and, um, I scrubbed dog piddle off the carpet and artfully arranged blankets and throw pillows on the new sofa.

It's not quite as comfy and deep as I thought it was- I would blame Jennifer Convertibles for false store displaying, but I also tend to be an impulsive shopper and a wishful thinker. Plus I think it looks awesome in our living room, and that's what's really important. The storage cubes/ottomans are SO cheaply made- the bottoms are nothing more than cardboard. But they look so cute that I don't care.



Otto likes it too:




A lot... (he's sitting on the back, if it's not clear)




On a separate, but Otto-related note, I've created a monster. Sometimes he wanders into the bathroom with one of us, and puts his little front paws on the toilet seat to look inside. So to freak him out one day, I flushed it while he was looking. He went nuts! Barking, staring into the toilet, running around the apartment, barking some more, running back to the toilet to stare into it. It's so adorably funny that I indulged whenever I could. Now, whenever I open the bathroom door, he runs in and looks into the bowl, then looks at me expectantly. If he hears the toilet flush and he's not in the bathroom, he barks wildly and runs around the apartment.


I made it black and white to avoid offending those who don't like to look at other people's piddle:

He looks calm here, but trust me, he's not.


1 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM , Blogger Suz said...

    I must say, I need my "sarktales" fix more than once a week! Great sofa - Otto thinks it's very comfy!
    susrig

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home