Sarktales

It's all about me.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Something to sit on

I'm going to buy a sofa. I've been planning this for years, even going so far as to walk through Ikea once about two years ago. I was sort of horrified to see that even Ikea sofas cost about $700, and couldn't really justify spending that sort of money when I had a perfectly good futon at home. It's really quite a nice futon, not one with bars pressing against your butt. Actually, we have one of those too, but it's in Aaron's office.

More recently, I've had the idea of waiting until we buy a place before getting a sofa. Like one big sweeping move into adulthood. But that was when we were planning to move to Texas, where houses are in the realm of possibility. Once we wound up not moving, all those grown up things got put on hold. It was only when we decided to get Otto that we we realized that we were putting things off until later, when there's no reason not to do it now.

Of course it had to go back to Otto. He's just so darned cute though! Once we got him, I learned that you just deal with lifestyle changes, and even at his most annoying, we haven't regretted a moment of it.

So then I saw photos of my friend's new baby (hint: it's chicmommyfinds' baby). She's soooo adorable! Just a perfect little faced baby with a cute little tushie. And the baby was on a sofa. So I figure that even though we're not quite ready to start having babies, the sofa is a good step into grownup-hood, so I'll start with that.

I found what looks like the perfect one on the Pier 1 website. AND I have a gift card that would just cover it. Yay! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's available in my zip code for some reason- sneaky bastards- but I'll go there today and check it out.

And random thought here. Has anyone else noticed that the phrase, "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit" showing up everywhere? It's an awesome line, but didn't it come from the Ben Stiller classic, "Dodgeball"? I just want people to remember where it came from in generations to come.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home