Sarktales

It's all about me.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Otto and doughnuts

I'm proud to say I managed to go another 5 days without sweets. Lots of fruit and yogurt instead. I've decided that no sweets during the week, and indulging over the weekend is a dandy plan for me. Friday night was pancakes again, and Saturday night involved a doughnut and a half (we went out for a fancy dinner and followed it up with an 11:30 p.m. doughnut run. We're classy). And okay, fine, I ate the other half doughnut for breakfast this morning. Mmmm...doughnut.

I weighed myself yesterday and discovered that I'm 5 pounds down from the massively hefty heights I had reached a couple of weeks ago. Whether some of that is water or whatever, I don't really care. At least it's less and not more.

Otto is sleeping next to me. I worry when he sleeps a lot, but then again, I also worry when he's overly hyperactive. I think he just knows that with me it's snuggle time and with Aaron it' s play time.

We brought him to the dog park yesterday after obedience class. I figured he should be socializing as much as possible, and lord knows he could burn off some excess energy. The normal doggie park is full of playful canines, leaping and bounding and chasing balls with abandoned glee. The segregated small doggie park involved about eight dogs about Otto's size, calmly roaming around sniffing each other's butts. There was an inordinate proportion of weiner dogs in the little guy section. Those things are so goshdarned cute. Stubby legs and curiously long noses. Anyhoo, Otto did pretty well with the rest of the dogs. It was surprisingly mellow- he just went along with the butt sniffing and piddling on various parts of the ground.

Omg, I totally forgot to blog about this earlier. It's horrible and an total invasion of Otto's privacy...but he's developed this new habit of... HUMPING THE BEDSPREAD. I swear, every night we go to bed and he goes nuts. He stands up, grabs the edge of the bedspread, starts thrusting his tiny pelvis against it. It's so weird.


Awww... how cute is he?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM , Blogger Suz said...

    What a cutie - how would the Dog Whisperer fix his "little" problem?
    Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home