Sarktales

It's all about me.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Little Idolry

I'll try not to go too American Idol heavy, since few people I know are still watching it. Story of my life, really... The Apprentice, Top Chef, Top Design... I know I have terrible taste in television.

But what I don't get is how Simon just referred to one guy as "Just an okay singer." Okay, I mean I get it, because he is. It's second guy who just got booted- and I swear I don't even remember his name even though he's singing at this very moment. He's cheesy, kind of ratty looking and has a very generic wedding singer quality.

So why after putting us through 6 weeks of auditioning did he make it on the show? Usually I just assume the judges see something that I really don't with these singers, or they think that they'd make for good TV. But as far as I could see there was nothing out of the ordinary with this dude, and a lot of others for that matter, so why on earth would they make it over the thousands of auditioners? Surely some of them must have been better than him.

Well, all I'm trying to say really is that I don't get the casting choices in these shows sometimes. I suppose that's actually a good thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:26 AM , Blogger SC said...

    I have to say, I was a little surprised to see this picture out there... (and no, it's not who you think it is)

    http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shyamalihootersaz8.jpg

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger sarika said...

    Well hey, a girl's gotta make a living. I guess she'll keep having to do that for a while since her singing career isn't working out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home