Sarktales

It's all about me.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bad mommy

I had a real mommy moment tonight. I put Otto's leash on wrong before we went for a walk tonight, and he escaped from it in an intersection. Ack. I meant to take him for a long walk to de-hyper him, but I got home late due to massive traffic. So I guess I just wasn't' paying attention when I put on the collar- it's a Martingale collar which involves all sorts of loops, and I put his head through the wrong one.

We were two blocks from the apartment and I decided not to cross at the intersection because there's no light, and only one side has stop signs. So we headed back toward the apartment and were about to cross- I told him to wait, as I always do at curbs, and suddenly he was in the middle of the street! There was a car approaching him, thank god it was one with a stop sign.

I think I may have frozen, not sure if I should run after him in the street or if that would make him run away further. I screamed his name, he stopped halfway across the street and looked at me. I ran into the street, holding up my hand to the car at the stop sign to KEEP STOPPING, and scooped up my little guy. Oh my lord, I was so scared.

I had a very awkward grip on him, not to mention a bag of poop in my hand, but I kept a tight hold on him until we finally got back inside. So much for our long walk, but whatever. My schmoopie is okay.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Suz said...

    Ohhh, you experienced my biggest fear about Seymour. But Otto was trained not to run away from you - that dog training is paying off!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home