Sarktales

It's all about me.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

This week on AI

I'm in the middle of watching the results show, so I'll share a few thoughts in real time.

They're singing Bailamo. So Chris has this odd thing where his arms stick out really far from his body, like a bodybuilder, except he's not all that big.

I am impressed at how semi-professional all these performances are. I read a lot of snarky blogs (snark? me?) about how awful the group performances can be, but honestly, I can't tell my left foot from my right, and I sort of dance like Elaine on that episode of Seinfeld. So to sing and move around a stage while maneuvering around 10 other people? Impressive.

More compliments. I think Ryan Seacrest is an awesome host. Really, he's like the hardest working guy in the industry (and once known as the hardest working guy in radio), and all that practice pays off. He's has a lovely rapport with the contestants and is good at the off-the-cuff stuff. Poor Brian Dunkleman.

Awww, they just showed a clip of a guy referring to Lakisha as "that big girl wearing the red dress."

Why is Chris so popular? I don't get it. I really, really don't.

Okay, just fast forwarded through some guy who's not J.Lo singing.

Ack, the car commercial is showing morphing faces of the contestants. Creepy weird and wrong. Good song though- Happy Together with lots of morphing head bobbing.

Omg, a video clip of Simon Cowell with small African girls. Now if that's not a sitcom waiting to happen, I don't konw what is. Simon can be like a wealthy bachelor whose hardened heart melts when he's forced to take in a village of small African girls into his mansion and become their foster dad. Perhaps they could break into song every now and then.

Lordy, what if Chris becomes our next American Idol? Granted, I've never given a winner a second thought after they won, but still. What a travesty. If Sanjaya wins, I'll totally buy the CD out of support.

Where on earth is Phil's baby? His wife is in the audience every week. How many brand new moms get to go out twice a week?

I know the loser is already chosen, but I'm thinking that Haley is out. Hey, I was sort of right about Gina last week. Okay, so it was wishful thinking come true.

Ooh, ooh, could Chris be in the bottom three? Oh please oh please... YES!!!

Dammit, he's back on the couch. Well, he dropped to the bottom three, so there is always hope. Let's root that Haley's out since I kind of like Phil.

What the hell is J.Lo wearing? Is it a dress? It is pants with flowy things attached to it? Oh, yes it is just that. How very odd. It's like one of those outfits you see on Project Runway and Tim Gunn says that it's delightful in concept but failed in the execution. Actually, I think that phrase came from The Apprentice. Or Top Chef.

Ahh, and Haley is out. God I'm good.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your Simon Cowell sitcom idea brought back a long-buried memory of a show I watched as a kid called "Rags to Riches". Do you remember that? I just recall a really wealthy man in a mansion who took in this whole hoarde of impoverished and grungy orphans. It was a little like if Annie had multiplied into many and Daddy Warbucks grew hair. Man, good times. -Shannon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home