Sarktales

It's all about me.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Why I Suffered from Years of Insecurity

My brother sent me this picture today.



(I'm the one on the left, the two on the right are old family friends...freaking adorable!) I had just about convinced myself that my weight problems as a child were mostly in my head. And, er, now I realize that those problems resided squarely in my thighs. The word they used on me back then was "sturdy," which was a term that my husband also suffered when he was a less than fit young boy.
I can look at this photo and go awwww, but good god, I hope my kids have it a little easier. At least they'll have the benefit of not living in the '80s, when eyeglasses were purposedly designed to swallow up half your face. And I remember that little sweatshirt with the teddy bears and hearts. I loved that sweatshirt.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Chris has those same glasses. I mock him endlessly. They added about 30 years to him. You were adorable. And the Teddy Ruxpin makes me giggle. Miss that saucy bear!

    -Shannon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home