Sarktales

It's all about me.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Aussie Power

I haven't been eaten by a dingo. In fact, I petted a dingo today. My email access is sporadic so I may not have a chance to really sit down and write about my adventures until a bit later. But rest assured, Gentle Reader, I am in Melbourne, which is strangely similar to Los Angeles. Today involved catching sight of all the Aussie animals that have captivated my imagination for years. Just think of Australian-only animals and how oddly they evolved because of their isolation from the rest of the world. If the platypus doesn't prove that god has a sense of humor, I don't know what does.

So long story short, today I fed kangaroos, pet a dingo, saw a koala scratching its head which was freaking adorable, and got creeped out by tasmanian devils. At night I sat on a beach and watch teensy weensy fairy penguins march from the ocean up the beach to their nesting areas. I'll deal with the details later, but while it wasn't exactly as much as everyone made it out to be, it was worth it afterward to walk alongside the trail where the penguins were waddling along to their beds.

Okay, freaking exhausted and I'm heading to Sydney tomorrow for a couple of days. I promise I'll be more detail-ful in later posts. And pictures. Lots of pictures.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

    Question...were you at a zoo when you saw all these Aussie animals? Or were you just wandering around Melbourne and happened upon a tame dingo? Are you by yourself, or is my brother along for the adventure?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home