Sarktales

It's all about me.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Addendum

Not much later, but $50 poorer...
I had my dinner by the harbo(u)r. I spent a good several minutes walking up and down on street looking at menus, and finally settled on a bar for a glass of wine. It was a tasty shiraz, but once I was done, there wasn't much else to do. So I walked back to the restaurant that had crab ravioli on the menu. Once I read the words "crab ravioli," I was pretty much hooked.

Of course, it was then that I realized that solo travelers don't have it easy. The place was crowded and I wanted to sit outdoors. There was a table for two sitting empty, but the waitress told me it was a 15-20 minute wait and to "just come back." I confirmed the "come back" strategy with another waiter, and sat by the water reading. Thank god for trashy Jeffrey Archer novels. This one has kept me entertained during my free time over two days, and I'm crushed that I'm almost done. I went back into the restaurant about 12 minutes later and got the table that was still sitting empty.

I think I made a mistake getting the crab ravioli in cream sauce, as there was a crab linguini in tomato pesto sauce as well. I know, impossible choice, right? (insert random thought here: I once met a woman named Sophia and she named her PR company Sophia's Choice. Isn't that just terrible?) But I had ravioli in mind, so what the heck? So many questions. And it wound up costing me $33 just for a few measly ravioli because it was actually an appetizer that they made into a larger plate for me, but, you know, whatever. The waiter basically served me my wine, garlic bread and food within 10 minutes, and within 20, I was totally done. So completely done that I lingered over my book just to make the wait time for my table worth it. I dunno. I guess I wasn't totally discriminated, but I certainly didn't feel pampered. I guess having a conversation over dinner tends to eat up some time. Ooh, was that a pun? Sorta.

In any case, I gave up on making my time worth it, because I figured that was all in my own head. And I stopped by the convenience store where I picked up my newly coveted cookie dough Kit Kat. Yes, you read that correctly. As soon as I finish this one last glass of wine (a hotel bar chardonnay...not bad), I shall finish aforementioned trashy novel and majorly trashy Kit Kat and be asleep before anyone can even read this blog.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger SC said...

    Hmm... cookie dough Kit Kat? Do they have that in the States? If not, you better be bringing some back, ya hear?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home