Sarktales

It's all about me.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Goodbye Wellington

It hurts to say this, but I may have a few days of non-blogging. I know! But the reason is a good one, as V and I have planned out an action-packed few days. We're not actually sure what our final itinerary is, but it seems like a good one in theory.

To back up a moment, I'm happy to say that I got to witness some rowdiness the other night when I was having the urge. There was a Wellington versus Someone Else in rugby. Again. So the bar was pretty packed with cheering crowds. Or booing, depending on who scored the goal. Since I couldn't really follow the game, we didn't last long as spectactors, but it was fun to see.

V arrived yesterday, so we've been traipsing Wellington and seeing all four sights. Just kidding, Wellington is lovely, but I don't feel the need to show off everything I've taken in over the past couple of weeks. A bus tour, some shopping and a few photos and I feel complete. Oh, and I bought a new pair of sneakers from a store that had three very expert shoe salesmen. Seriously, they took an imprint of my running footstep, then videotaped my feet running on a treadmill. By the end I was so overwhelmed by all the attention that I had to buy a pair.

As for the next week, it should be a busy affair, based on hours of planning, questions and internet research. On Monday (early) morning we're flying to Auckland, where we'll stay until Tuesday night. Then we'll take a bus south to Rotorua, which apparently is filled with geothermal springs and smells like sulfur. On Wednesday we'll tool around Rotorua, check out some touristy Maori cultural stuff and whatever else on on Thursday. On Friday we'll drive to the Waitomo Caves, where we can take a raft into the caves and check out the glow worms. Since I dream of being adventurous, we may do the longer cave tour that involves jumping down a waterfall. A little one. We'll then drive to the Tongariro National Park, and on Saturday, we'll attempt the 7-hour hike from one end to the other. There's volcanoes and other cool sights along that lengthy walk, as long as the weather complies with our travel plans. On Sunday we'll head back to Wellington for a breather and so I can say hello to hubby.

After that is the South Island, but that's a whole other story that we'll deal with next weekend.

Till later, here's a picture of me and V on Mount Victoria, with a pretty view of Wellington. I swear, there is sunshine here sometimes:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home