Sarktales

It's all about me.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Too Much Information?

Again, the following paragraph going to be Far Too Much Information for most people, so read cautiously. But it must be expressed, since where the hell else am I going to record such stuff?

I turned 30 yesterday. Actually, I turned 30 today in the States, but it was yesterday in New Zealand. In honor of aging faster than I can keep track of, what did I find? A gray hair. And not on my head. Sigh. The one or two gray hairs on my head showed up a couple of years ago, and while I haven't exactly come to terms with them, I've gotten used to them. But this beauty is in a new location that I wasn't expecting. And I'm not happy with it.

Oh well, again, can't do anything about it. Other than that, my birthday was hella fun. I took a bus tour of Wellington to see parts of the city and all sorts of rocky beaches. We drove by Peter Jackson's house, but Wellingonians are fiercely protective of their only celebrity, so we weren't allowed to take pictures or anything. At night Aaron and I went to the Matterhorn, where apparently the Lord of the Rings stars liked to hang out (again, Wellington is pretty fixated on this). I had lots of drinks and a pretty yummy meal of venison, and then we walked around the city a little bit. We had one more drink in another bar, but the big rugby match was about to start and rowdy crowds were starting to gather (rugby, aka Aussie footy is the other thing New Zealanders are fixated on). I love a good rowdy crowd, but I'm so not interested in sports, so we decided to go home where it's warm.

We stopped by a bookshop on the way home so Aaron could get me some birthday presents. We picked up a game, which turned out to be a dud, but we were intrigued by the title Fact or Crap? We also got DVDs of Moonlighting and Mr. Bean, which were awesome. We also picked up a chocolate mud cake from the grocery store and a bottle of wine (curiously, a Chilean wine was far cheaper than any of the local stuff). So all in all, a lovely night.

Now it's Saturday so I'm going to sit on my butt for a while. Perhaps I'll go for a walk later to check out the Botanic Gardens or something. And then make hamburgers for dinner tonight. Mmm....burgers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home