Sarktales

It's all about me.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Picture Time

I'm in Wellington! At long last, Aaron and I are together again...erm, sitting across from each other on our respective computers. God, we're such geeks. We also played gin rummy. Wellington is freaking cold, windy and rainy today, and it's been pretty flipping cold inside the apartment so I'm pretending that we're on vacation in our country house. I figure I have a month to deal with all the walking, sightseeing and finding article material.

Speaking of article material, I did spend all of Monday walking around Melbourne's gay neighborhoods interviewing gay shop owners. I was hoping to find owners of cool, trendy boutiques, but with that amount of time, all I could do was hit the obvious gay places. So I wound up at two adult shops, a gay bookstore, a gay bar and a gay nightclub. All were fascinating, but unfortunately not very unexpected or innovated. Still, I did hear from a lot of owners that the gay 'hoods are actually on the decline, possibly due to a sluggish winter and/or gay assimilation, which may turn into a rather interesting story, so we'll see.

Rest assured that I've weeded out all majorly unflattering photos of myself. And believe me, there were a'plenty that involved either my tummy poking out from my shirt, my underwear sticking out (damned low-rise jeans on both counts) and just general shots of my ass. Why my relatives took so many photos that involved my ass is beyond me.

I know this may seem like a boring first picture, but look at what's wrong with the moon on this side of the equator:



And not to be Negative Nelly, but look close to see how creepy this apalca's eyes are. They'e clear blue with thick vertical pupils:




This is me with my cousin's husband (in Hindi, he's my jijaji ,but I guess we don't really have a word for that in English. Just cousin, I guess) and their two kids on Apollo Bay (I'm not sure what they are to me in Hindi, but I'm their masi):




This is the Sydney Harbour Bridge that I climbed:




Me on a rock in front of one of the 12 Apostles:



The elusive platypus:



My cousin feeding a 'roo:



And last, but certainly not least...the koala! The lazy, unsociable but awfully adorable koala!



1 Comments:

  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger SC said...

    Not for nothing, but our nephew on the right (in the picture, on your left in real life) looks like he should be on Welcome Back Kotter.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home